Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Oh so CAS Valentine

Hello!  Happy Wednesday!  I've had a great day this morning Carter and I went to stay and play (indoor play time at our church with coffee and chat time for mommy!)  It's beyond cold here minus 34 C with windchill! Tomorrow they are calling for -41 with windchill the weather calls it "extreme" windchill!  Even though it's cold I've been spoiled as Chad drove me to Stay and play and picked  me up!  Just having to walk from the car pretty close does make a difference!  Than I told him I needed some yarn for a wreath I am working on so he brought me to Michaels and waited in the car!  And than we got some groceries! Isn't my husband wonderful? So I am all set not to leave the house for a couple of days, well until I can handle it!

Today I have another Valentine card to share.  Remember my window card from the day before?  Looksie what I made with the leftover:

I found a good use for the die cut from the window didn't I?  A CAS valentine!  So fun as when I cut the window out I never even thought of what I could do with the scraps!  I heat embossed a sentiment from Year Round Sentiments from HA with chestnut brown zing powder.  Stamped old letter writing on the white to tie the collage feel of the die cut in.

Well I am off!  I have to get supper started and I am hoping to get creative tonight!

11 comments:

~amy~ said...

i love it!

Maureen Morton said...

So creative and so "green". Love this!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous! Love how you used the left over from your previous card :)

Dawn T said...

what a beauty. I love what you did with your scrap!

Dawn T said...

what a beauty. I love what you did with your scrap!

Karen B. said...

Beautiful CASish Valentines, love the colors.

Brenda said...

Love how you used that scrap Anita! There is always a place for scraps hey! Minus 34! I can't even imagine it! When I went to Mount Everest Base Camp it was minus 15, but mine 34, wow! Keep VERY WARM!

Robin K. said...

Hi Anita! The temperatures have gotten really cold here too :( Still not much snow though. Sounds like your hubby is definitely a keeper :) Love how you used your leftovers to make a pretty CAS Valentine! Stay warm!!!

Trinh said...

Wow, I can't believe you went out in -34 degree weather. And your hubby is a gem for driving you around! Great valentine too. Love how you used the die cut from the other card.
Stay warm and safe!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Beautiful card Anita! And props to Chad for being a good husband!

~Tammy~ said...

Oh this is fantastic! Love the script background!

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates