Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day Wrap!

Hello!  I hope that you had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday!  Wishing all my fellow mommy friends a Happy Mother's Day!  I did!  I woke up to a little voice pleading with me to wake up and open our presents!  So I did!  I love seeing the gifts that the kids made for me!  You can just picture your child at school making the craft for you and thinking of you while they make it!  That's why handmade gifts are the best!  Enjoyed church, lunch and house cleaned by the kids, a nap and an evening with Chad's family!

I wanted to pop in and share the wrap for my Mother in laws gift! Entering this wrap into Moxie Fab World's Gift Packaging challenge! I also realize that I have a few wrap projects that I can share this week!  Along with a pressed body powder I bought my MIL some loose tea from David's Tea!  David's tea is a Canadian company and there tea is amazing!  So popular here and I love it!  I've been watching my diet more closely and I try not to eat after supper, instead I drink tea and David's tea is so good that it makes it so much easier not to eat!  When you buy David's tea you get a blue paper bag that has there logo on the bottom, I decided to use the bag for my gift but I decorated it!  I made a pocket and put a small card inside:




I also decorated the bags of tea, here you can see everything:


I used papers from Pebbles Sunny side collection and Hero arts stamps:  Scalloped flower, tropical leaves and celebrate everyday (sentiment) This was fun to make!

Yesterday Chad took a shot of us, sadly the best photo is a bit blurry (boo)


They really are growing too quickly!  What a blessing it is to be there mom!  I always wanted to be a mom and it's even better than I imagined it could be!  I've been blessed to be a stay at home mom to them and I love being with them!  They really are great kids!  Looking forward to the years ahead!  :>

By the way don't forget about my May RAK giveaway (see sidebar) to one lucky commenter from all May posts!

8 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

I bet they loved their gifts. Great photo of you and the kids....I don't think it's that blurry...just softened. ;)

Cindy C. said...

Great job decorating that bag and upcycling! Nice photo of you and your kids! Thanks for sharing Anita!

Trinh said...

What a great idea to alter the bag for your gift! The whole ensemble is so pretty. Sounds like you had a great day with your family. At least you remembered to take a photo with your kids! I have been so bad about that.

Nat said...

such a wonderful gift and decorated bag/card set.We have a David's Tea at Sherway in Toronto and their teas are amazing!wonderful photo too:)have a great week

Dawn T said...

what a really pretty set Anita. I love the photo of the children and you. You are a superb Mom!!! You can just see the love you have for motherhood.

Lalo said...

It's a great photo and the packaging gift set is darling :)

Greta said...

What a sweet picture of the 3 of you, Anita! Love how you decorated the bag!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Anita! Thanks for linking this up to the Gift Packaging Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

 

Crafty Girl Designs | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates